- Does stalls mean standing?
- Are balcony seats good?
- What are the best seats in Edinburgh Playhouse?
- What is the best place to sit in a theater?
- Is the grand circle good seats?
- Why is there no Row I in Theatres?
- Why is the dress circle so called?
- What are the best seats for the Lion King?
- Where is the best place to sit at the Mayflower Southampton?
- Are stalls or balcony seats better?
- Are the stalls downstairs?
- Is Dress Circle or Grand Circle better?
- Where is the best place to sit at Her Majesty Theatre?
- What’s the difference between stalls and circle?
- What does it mean when a person is stalling?
Does stalls mean standing?
Stall standing is floor and is standing only.
1st floor is mostly seating and is the upper level.
over a year ago..
Are balcony seats good?
Balcony. … The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
What are the best seats in Edinburgh Playhouse?
Seats in the front-centre of the Stalls and the Circle offer unobstructed views of the stage for a premium price. For large-scale musical productions, it would be best to sit in the front of the Circle, which is close to the stage and allows you to take in the show as a whole.
What is the best place to sit in a theater?
For a standard movie theater with exit rows on the sides (as opposed to down the middle, as some older theaters have), the best spot is as close to dead center as you can get. “I’ve always felt the obvious best spot to sit in a movie theater is in the center of the room, center with the screen.
Is the grand circle good seats?
While the rows of the front seats, especially those in the middle, provide views just as good as those in the Stalls, the ones at the far end have slightly obstructed views. The Grand Circle has 582 seats, and the inclination of the seating is such that the view from the middle is very good.
Why is there no Row I in Theatres?
Answer: A quick scan through theatre seating charts does indeed find that theatres tend not to have a Row I. The reason is, said Jimmy Godsey, the Public Theater’s Director of Ticketing Services, via a Public Theater spokesperson, “Simply, [the letter] I looks like a [number] one to ushers and box office.”
Why is the dress circle so called?
– So called because it is a circular row of seats at an entertainment, the spectators of which are expected to be in dress clothes. See also related terms for seats.
What are the best seats for the Lion King?
The front mezzanine seats of any theatre are usually considered the best of the lot and that stands true for the Minskoff as well. Rows A-C, seats 119-129, offer the cleanest view of the stage in all its wondrous glory.
Where is the best place to sit at the Mayflower Southampton?
There are definitely pros and cons for all of the seating areas at the Mayflower Theatre. I would say that the best seats are mid way back in the centre area of the stalls, because you’re far away enough from the stage to take in all the action, but you can also see the close up facial expressions of the performers.
Are stalls or balcony seats better?
All seats provide a good view of the stage. Downstairs in the stalls you are closer to the action and feel more a part of it. Up in the balcony you get a better view of the staging, looking down on the action. … The stalls are best during the summer it can get very hot in the balcony.
Are the stalls downstairs?
Anyway, stalls essentially refers to seating that is at ground level. Very much a matter of personal preference and/or what you are going to see. For unamplified music the sound quality is normally better further from the stage.
Is Dress Circle or Grand Circle better?
The Grand Circle is located above the Dress Circle and tends to be slightly cheaper than seats in the Stalls and Dress Circle. The best views in this section can be found in the front half of the section, with prices differing depending on how central the seats are.
Where is the best place to sit at Her Majesty Theatre?
Her Majesty’s Theatre One of the cities most beloved, Her Majesty’s has a gorgeous Art Deco glamour about it, even if the foyer functions a bit like a loading zone. Hands down, the best seats in this theatre are the front rows of the dress circle.
What’s the difference between stalls and circle?
– Stalls is the same as Orchestra or Orchestra Stalls in the USA. They are the lowest seating section of the theatre and normally closest to the stage. – Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. … Ambassadors Theatre.
What does it mean when a person is stalling?
to delay taking action or avoid giving an answer in order to have more time to make a decision or get an advantage: … If you stall a person, you delay them or prevent them from doing something for a period of time: I managed to stall him for a few days until I’d got enough money to pay back the loan.